In another special episode of Bayou Business Download, we discuss the swift and detrimental effect COVID-19 is having on the Houston economy and look at the likely impact in coming months on jobs in our region. Partnership Senior Vice President of Research Patrick Jankowski gives us his latest analysis.
Key topics include:
- Current look at cases in Houston
- The rapid evolution of the situation over the course of March
- A look at the sectors most affected
- An estimate on job losses based on current data
- The major factors causing oil prices to plunge
- The damaging impact on small businesses across the region
- Upcoming data releases that will shed more light on Houston's trajectory
Visit the Partnership's COVID-19 Resource page for updates, guidance for employers and more information. And sign up for daily email alerts from the Partnership as the situation develops.