Fortune 500 Companies
Published on 8/29/19
Fortune 500 Companies in Houston
- Twenty-two companies on the 2019 Fortune 500 list are headquartered in the Houston metro area, ranking Houston fourth in the country behind New York (70), Chicago (34) and Dallas-Ft. Worth (24).
- The biggest movers on the Fortune 500 from 2018 to 2019 are Cheniere (up to #383 from #489), EOG Resources (up to #181 from #270), and Quanta Services (up to #282 from #316).
- Houston lost one contender from the list, Baker Hughes, GE company, due to insufficient data.
- Houston added one company to its Fortune 500 roster this year: Marathon Oil (moved from #518 to #456).
- The Houston region is home to 47 companies on the Fortune 1000 list.
Patrick Jankowski, CERP
Senior Vice President, Research